The discussion topics for the SRA Forum will center on emerging risk issues of key enabling technologies such as traditional risk assessment (detection, toxicology, fate, and material exposure), risk communication (stakeholder engagement), and more novel approaches (risk governance under uncertainty).
International experts from Europe and the United States have been invited:
- Keld Alstrup Jensen (National Research Centre for the Working Environment, Denmark)
- Elke Anklam (European Commission, Belgium)
- Adam Arkin (University of California, Berkeley, USA)
- Phil Demokritou (Harvard University, USA)
- Gerard Escher (École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Lisa Friedersdor (National Nanotechnology Initiative, USA)
- James Lambert (President, Society for Risk Analysis, USA)
- Andre Nel (The University of California, Los Angeles, USA)
- Bernd Nowack (EMPA, Switzerland)
- Ortwin Renn (University of Stuttgart, Germany)
- Vicki Stone (Heriot-Watt University, UK)
- Theo Vermeire (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), Netherlands)
- Wendel Wohlleben (BASF, Germany)
For further information please visit www.sra.org/riskgovernanceforum2017!